Welcome to the Emerald Coast USA 2019 V4.0
Deep in the southeastern United States lies the Emerald Coast. Just a few miles north, however, there is rich farmland. Now you can journey to this area and enjoy the farming experience for yourself. You begin with adequate equipment, but to work well you must become profitable and expand.
In this region forestry is just as big a business as arable farming. Therefore, a large managed forest dominates the northwestern hills of this map. Arable farmland can be found in between the forest and the town, which is located in the southern part of the map. All standard animals are available, with a sell point in town.
You, the farmer, have been away from the Emerald Coast for a few years… in the meantime, a severe storm ravaged the area, many buildings were destroyed, much was damaged… all of your equipment was lost, farm houses destroyed. Insurance finally paid out and the area has rebuilt. You are back, ready to make your presence known as a master farmer once again… can you do it?
NEW in this map is the dynamic mud first introduced to FS 2019 in Nebraska Lands USA… Some mud will be active at all times, other mud will respond to ground moisture, so when it is raining, and for a bit afterwards, that mud will be active. With Seasons, the mod will really come to life, with variable mud. This map is equipped with full Seasons compatibility, a seasonsmask has been added and all placeables have been edited to work with Seasons as well. Most foliage layers will not change colors according to the season however, as in this area in real life it is green all year long with only a few trees changing colors and it never snows… although it does get cold in the deepest winter days. So, the lake freezes over if the ground temps are below freezing, and folks will have to light their fireplaces…
Also, in this map, the individual GSI bin and the individual Brock bin use the new script from GtX to allow any grain crop to be stored in the bin, unlike before, when only one grain type was allowed. Due to the new script, ONLY one grain may be stored at a time, to switch to a different grain, all of the original grain must be removed first, as in real life. Standing in front of the output auger will cause info to appear in the F1 menu, showing the graintype that is currently in the bin, as well as the amount of that grain and the percentage full. Also in this version, the root store silos have been rebuilt to incorporate GtX’s script so they now have movable planes that change according to the crop stored, and can hold only one root crop at a time.
This map includes the Multi Terrain Angle feature for realistic field texture appearance when working the soil, also includes custom ground textures and crop textures, as well as custom lighting. (Seasons overrides any map lighting settings, however, in favor of its own)
This map, as in Nebraska Lands USA, incorporates baleable corn stalks… when harvesting your corn with a combine, you may switch on the windrow, which will lay down a corn stalks swath. This may be either baled up for cattle bedding or to sell, or may be collected with a loading wagon to use at the Razwood Factory to make pre-compost.
This map embraces the many new features of the 2019 game, much of the land is buyable, including all the field areas and the huge forest area… as well as several wooded lots around the map, even a couple of overgrown lots in town in the residential district. There are transport missions, hauling pallets of stuff from one place to another, also field missions on most of the fields.
All of the player usable farms on the map are built out at game start, when buying a farm, you get all the objects on that parcel of land, which you may then keep or sell, at your discretion. All objects on each of the player farms can be sold off. A few, such as farm junk or old fences, may only be sold, not bought again.
All of your farming supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds, must be bought in town. (no seed or fertilizer triggers at the farms) Fuel storage is available on the farms, with a small amount to get you started, for more, use the universal pack fuel trailer to refill from town. For those that prefer to fertilize using anhydrous ammonia there is a dedicated sell point by the main highway. New in this map, and first ever in FS, anhydrous is a specific fill type, not the usual “liquidFertilizer” pretending to be anhydrous… this means you need specialized equipment to use and apply the anhydrous to your fields, where once applied, it will function as normal fertilizer.
Also new to this map are the custom trains… as in Nebraska Lands, this map also features GtX’s great train script, which allows multiple trains to run on the same tracks at various times of the day… additionally, the train signal lights change from green to red and back again depending on the movement of the passing trains…
This map is Precision Farming compliant, with a custom soilmap… use the compatibility fix to enable the use of anhydrous or compost along with Precision Farming…
There is plenty of work here, so enjoy farming in the Emerald Coast, USA!
• In “New Farmer” mode you start with some equipment, (gifted to you by the hopeful townfolk) some money and the best wishes of the folks in the community. If you start in the hard modes, you get nothing but some money (and your worn old farm truck)… so work wisely…
• Get water at the lake for free… Farmland Fertilizer sellpoint has bulk fertilizer, seeds, lime and herbicide available… in addition to water. Fuel is available at the Shell station and at Marty’s Diner… Over at the Farm Land garden center, you can purchase premixed pigfood… The animal dealer always has more manure and slurry than they would like, you can get either there very cheap…
• There is custom traffic on this map, edited for faster speed without tinkering with the game itself and messing up other maps… definitely do not pull out in front of them! The traffic will now stop at the intersection, and make random choices as to which way to turn. Also, several vehicles are parked at various locations (during the work day) and leave at night.
• The dealer lot and lobby, the grain sellpoint, the fertilizer sellpoint and the garden center, the sawmill, the dairy and the rootcrop sellpoint all have timed gates which open at either 7:00 AM or 8:00AM and close at 6:00 PM… no entry is permitted into these areas before or after hours…
• The Harvestor silos function again as fermenting silos, using the great script by GtX… Ensure to have the included mods in the folder and active when first starting your game play… the silo takes grass and chaff and will slowly convert these to silage, adjusting the ferment times according to season length if playing with Seasons. Use the small Batco auger (Batco Auger pack included with the map mods) to fill the silo blowers if not using side discharge forage wagons…
• The bunker silos are modified to produce compost rather than silage, the fermenting time and compacting processes are the same… The land must be purchased before using them. They take precompost, which is produced at the Razwood Factory in town, which accepts manure and straw, potato, sugarbeet or cornstalks to make the precompost for the bunkers.
• As premiered on South Island Farm, there is a corn dryer added to the main farm silo system, also using GtX’s great script. you can buy pallets of propane to fuel the dryer, or buy propane in bulk from the shell station in town, then dump in your corn and it will dry it for you… sell at the Deep South grain mill. If you do not want to mess with drying your corn, you may sell the regular corn directly at the grain mill as usual.
There are four sellpoints to sell stuff:
• Deep South grain mill – wheat / barley / canola / corn / sunflower / soybean / oat / dryCorn
• Garden Center – wool / compost
• Biomass Plant – woodchips (located at the sawmill)
• Southern Ag – sugarBeet / potato / sugarcane
Also, there is a cotton bale drop off point in the business area, to sell your bales… Regular bales and straw/cornstalks may be sold at the animal dealer, around back… Eggs may be sold at Marty’s or at the Southern Buffet…
To use this map, unzip the EC4_UNZIPME file and place ALL of the included files into your mod folder and remember to activate them for proper functioning of the map… THE MAP WILL THROW NUMEROUS ERRORS IF ALL MODS ARE NOT IN THE FOLDER AND ACTIVE AT FIRST GAME… the only included mods not required are the Farm King, Batco and Brandt augers, but, they are quite useful for filling and unloading the individual grain bins… NOTE: DO NOT ALLOW MOD UPDATING of ANY of these mods from ANY other source than an update file provided by ME… failure to adhere to this warning can and will result in mods getting screwed up and some or even most features failing to work properly or at all. If any mods need updating I will see to it that an update is posted at the original map download site. As well, downloading this map and mods from any other than the original download site I uploaded it to, can and usually will result in problems as you have no idea who uploaded it and what they may have changed or “fixed” in the files.
Disclaimer: this is a highly detailed map, using many different scenery objects and several custom textures to achieve visual realism, and as such will require a strong, high spec PC to run… especially if you have many mods on the farm. The only solution to this issue is to not use any mods and/or turn the settings down. Additionally, to avoid unforseen issues and conflicts, please have ONLY this map in the mod folder as having multiple maps in the folder will cause issues as the game loads all the scripts from all the maps, including the active one…
IMPORTANT: As this map has a built-in GEO to simulate the conditions here, in the Emerald Coast, there is NO NEED to use a custom GEO… in fact, issues can and may result from doing this.
There will be no “mod requests” or custom changes to the map. However, any things you don’t like or would like to be improved will have to be for your own private editions. It is absolutely NOT ALLOWED to edit and upload ANYWHERE without my express permission…
ccs101 – FS 2019 version
ccs101 – FS 2017 Conversion & Improvements
ccs101/DarkHorse64 – Original FS 2015 concept & design
ccs101 / Giants / Sandgroper / Darin Cassel / GtX / realismusmodding / Dorset / Lonewolf FD / LS-UK Mod Team / SukasFarmer / NI Modding / BcBuhler / BM Modding / Niggels / Vertexdesign / LBJmodding / frasercow / Paldoo / cjwilksy / honclik / JauchenPaule / LazyMod studios / Christopher Elk Mtn. Modding / TSL / Ryan456 / SanAndreas / itisntworking / farmerboy69 / Causton / robbie / blacky_BPG / petorious / RAND0Msprks / matzesft / Dogface / schwaki / 112TEC / Joerg_B / k0rnRabe / LSSA Modding Team / Freelance Modding Crew / BigM / Bluebaby210 / Richard / sven777b / m4pj3cts / rafftnix / Poderoso / Neurotek / Disturbed742 / LS-Modcompany / ItsPooopface / Looseterror / troll711 / modswanted / ShowMeDirt / Sivy and I / DocElyoc / SPARTAN_6 / Alaska99709 / Winston9587